Low-Line Market Safety Guidelines
We are looking forward to the start of the Low-Line Market season! In the interest of keeping our vendors and shoppers safe, the market will look different from previous years. We're operating as an "in-and-out" style market - this means that until further notice there will not be live music, kids activities, chef demos, sampling or prepared foods made on-site. Traffic through the market will be strictly one way, with a clearly market entrance and exit. Gathering spaces will be cleared and shoppers are encouraged to follow the guidelines listed below. A map of the market is provided below for your convenience.
Thank you for supporting markets and the local food economy. We're grateful to be recognized by the state as an essential business, and we need your help and support to continue. Community doesn't stop just because the activities are gone - we are stronger together, Lakeview!
Guidelines are subject to change as we receive new information. Last updated: 06/10/2020
- Maintain six feet of physical distance from other shoppers and vendors.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- First 30 minutes and last 30 minutes of market (3:30-4pm, 7-7:30pm) are designated priority shopping times for seniors, immunocompromised, and higher risk community
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or display any symptoms.
- Credit/debit cards are preferred over cash payments.
- Shoppers should not expect change if paying with cash.
- Pre-order products when possible to speed up transaction process.
- Do not touch products or produce at vendor stands. Vendors will bag products for you. If you are using a reusable bag, you will need to bag the purchases yourself.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at vendor booths for you to utilize.
- Avoid touching your face at the market.
- Lingering will not be allowed at the market. We encourage you to make your purchases and then leave the market to allow for shoppers to maintain safe social distancing.
- Do not consume food at the market.
- All vendors must wear protective masks.
- Booths will be sanitized every two hours.
- Booths will be staggered to ensure adequate space for social distancing.
- Booths will display signage reminding shoppers to follow these market guidelines.
- Only vendor staff will handle their products. Vendors will bag all items unless shopper brings a reusable bag, in which shopper will bag items after purchased.
- Credit/debit transactions are encouraged. Venmo can also be used, if accepted by vendor.
- If accepting cash, vendors must wear special gloves for touching cash only.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at booths.
- Vendors are encouraged to offer pre-order.
- No sampling is allowed.
- Prepared foods will be pre-packaged and ready to go.
- Vendors must stay home if they feel sick.
- Tents are required for all food vendors and vendors selling consumable goods.
Review the latest guidance from public health officials to keep you and your loved ones safe and prepared.
Thursday Evenings at the Southport CTA Station
June 11 to October 15, 2020
3:30pm - 7:30pm (7pm in Sept. & Oct.)
The Low-Line Market is a conveniently located and carefully curated farmers market, with the goal of creating an experience where neighbors can meet and gather while having greater access to a collection of high-quality produce, proteins, flowers and artisanal foods from local farms and vendors. By providing an increased availability of local food sources within walking distance of a high traffic, residential area, the Low-Line Market aims to contribute to an increase in sustainability within our community.
Get Involved!Become a Vendor: If you are a farmer, prepared foods or craft/artisan vendor, and would like to vend at Low-Line Market, please fill out our online or physical 2020 Vendor Application. Please also review the 2020 Market Rules & Guidelines. Additional questions, please contact the Market Manager at LowLineMarket@LakeviewChamber.com.Community Partners & Non-Profit Organizations: The Low-Line Market provides opportunities for local businesses and non-profit organizations to reach market goers. If you are interested in being a Community Partner, you can learn more and apply online here. If you are a non-profit, please contact the Market Manager at LowLineMarket@LakeviewChamber.com for more information.Entertainment: The Low-Line Market encourages local musicians to come celebrate the warm weather, food, and community! If you are interested in playing at the market, you can apply online here. Additional questions, please contact the Market Manager at LowLineMarket@LakeviewChamber.com.Sponsor: Sponsoring the market is a great market tool for your business and shows your commitment to support access to fresh and local food! If you are interested in sponsoring the Low-Line Market and want more information regarding sponsorship levels or fee, please contact Carisa@LakeviewChamber.com for more information.
Support the Market
Volunteer: Volunteers are needed to help run the market! Volunteer assist with market setup, breakdown, and managing info tent. Helping out at the market is a great way to be involved with the community. Sign up here to volunteer at the market! For additional information, contact the Market Manager at LowLineMarket@LakeviewChamber.com.
Donate: Donations are a big help to sustain and grow our farmers market. Help us promote sustainability, continue to bring fresh foods to the Lakeview community and support our local farmers. Donate to Friends of Lakeview, the 501c3 non-profit that runs our market here. We appreciate anything you can give!
2020 Vendors*indicates rotating or pop-up vendor. Sign up to our weekly eNewsletters to get updates on each week's vendorsPreorder options listed for applicable vendorsCashews^Preorder online & indicate "will call" in notesFace MasksJams, Pies & Drink Mixes^Preorder online & indicate market pickupMeat & EggHandmade Greeting CardsFruits & VeggiesCBD Gummies & TopicalsJohnny D's Cold BrewCoffee growlersHandmade JewelryLos Rodriguez FarmFruits & VeggiesPreorder via emailFruits & Veggies^Preorder online & indicate market pickupRaw vegan dessertsMjm Provo's Village Bake ShoppeFresh baked bread & pastriesHandmade JewelryBath & BodyCheeseTake home Tamales & Taco**to be consumed at homeFlowers & plants^Preorder online or at (773) 472-6673Navy Bean PiesOlive oils & balsamic vinegars^Preorder online & indicate "Low-Line Market Pickup"Via phone: (847) 281-6433
The Low-Line Market is situated at the entrance to the Low-Line, a one-of-a-kind project currently underway to connect Southport Ave. and Paulina St. with a continuous, half-mile long walkway and garden beneath the CTA ‘L’ tracks.