Lakeview Chamber of Commerce
The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce is a community of entrepreneurs working together and supporting each other to create a stronger neighborhood and business environment, through advocacy, promotion, networking and education. Originally founded in 1951 as the Lincoln Belmont Ashland Business Association, our organization is a leader in supporting businesses with valuable resources, programming and services that advance the success of our business community. We leverage private funding, government resources and programs, and support from more than 400 members to help our local business community thrive.
The Lakeview Chamber serves as the sole service provider of Special Service Area (SSA) 27, a local taxing district that supports additional programs and services to supplement city services, including neighborhood promotion and public space enhancements. The Lakeview Chamber also partners with the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization Friends of Lakeview on community events and capital improvement projects that advance common goals.
In 2021, the Lakeview Chamber is becoming the Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce, serving both the Lakeview and Roscoe Village communities. Learn more at www.lakeviewroscoevillage.com.
We envision Lakeview and Roscoe Village as Chicago's most sought after neighborhoods.
Our mission is to support a resilient local economy and high quality of life for the benefit of businesses and residents in Chicago’s Lakeview and Roscoe Village communities through neighborhood promotion, business development, advocacy, and public space enhancements. We are a partnership between the Lakeview Chamber, SSA 27 and Friends of Lakeview, and we support each other to advance our common mission.
- Community First: We believe that our purpose is to support and promote our communities, not our organization. This should lead in everything we do. We make decisions based on the best interest of our greater communities, not for the benefit of any one individual or business.
- Innovation: We believe that innovating is an important way to inspire people and to set our communities apart, while ensuring that we are adapting for the future in a rapidly-changing environment. We are forward-thinking optimists who believe there’s power in positive thinking and are not afraid to take risks. We focus more on promoting what we want for our communities than opposing what we don’t want.
- Inclusivity: We believe diversity is important for the success and resilience of our communities. We strive to be communities that welcome people from diverse backgrounds.
- Neighborhood Promotion: We market our neighborhoods as a desirable destination for consumers and investors, host memorable community events that connect consumers to our retail districts, and also assist individual businesses with promoting themselves.
- Business Development: We provide regular networking and education events as well as one-on-one technical assistance in order to strengthen our businesses, while also recruiting new businesses to our communities.
- Advocacy: We serve as the voice of local businesses and protect our commercial interests by representing small business needs on important policy and development issues that impact our area.
- Public Space Enhancements: We maintain clean, green and welcoming sidewalks and develop new spaces that invite people to linger and connect with their communities.
We serve the area bounded by the Chicago River on the west and Racine Ave. on the east. West of Ravenswood Ave., our service area extends from Diversey Pkwy. on the south to Addison St. on the north. East of Ravenswood Ave., our service area extends from Diversey Pkwy. on the south to Irving Park Rd. on the north. View a map of our service area here.
Board of Directors
President - Doug Havrilla, Merchant Giving Project
Vice-President - Michael Valitchka, Point B, Inc.
Secretary - Ryan Oestreich, Music Box Theatre
Treasurer - Jeff Shapiro, Spindle Fitness
Stephanie Biederman, Realtor BHHS Koenigrubloff
Frank Campise, JAB Real Estate
Matthew Carr, Capital One Café
Ben Castronovo, Central Federal Savings
Doug Dunlay, 4 Star Restaurant Group
Angela Garbot, Angela Garbot Photography
Chad Jensen, D Spa & Pet Boutique
Michael Jorndt, Bitter Pops
Ron Kinn, Skyline Insurance Agency
Joia Kopelow, StretchLab
Dan McCarthy, The Pony Inn/Pioneer Tavern Group
Sandy O’Kane, Winnie Cooper Boutique
Ana Pineda, Goldfish Swim School
Lisa Santos, Southport Grocery & Cafe
Ellie Thompson, Ellie Thompson + Co.
Dr. Jennifer Weiss, Cubbington’s Cabinet