The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce is a community of entrepreneurs working together and supporting each other to create a stronger neighborhood and business environment, through advocacy, education and promotion. We provide valuable resources, programming and services that advance our neighborhood's business success, guided by our Lakeview Area Master Plan. Our service area is from Diversey to Irving Park and from Racine to Ravenswood.
Thanks to support from our member businesses and from a Neighborhood Business Development Center grant from the City of Chicago, we offer direct services to help business get started off on the right foot and continue to succeed in Lakeview.
- Business Marketing: We promote our local businesses through the web, social media, press and advertising. Members can add business events and hot deals to the Lakeview Chamber website and e-newsletter.
- Online Member Listing: Members receive enhanced business listing on Lakeview Chamber website and GoLakeview app.
- New Business Assistance: We appreciate it when business owners choose Lakeview as the home for their investment. We're here to help you get a strong start and connect you to the resources you need to open your doors, from finding a storefront to getting the word out about your grand opening. We'll also help member businesses organize a ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the occasion.
- Monthly Networking Opportunities: We host two networking events every month to provide opportunities for creating new business connections. Members receive free admission.
- Business Education Opportunities: We offer quarterly educational workshops covering small business management topics, such as commercial lease negotiation. Members receive free admission.
- Licensing and Permitting Assistance: We can help you navigate the City permitting processes for your business.
- Market Research: Our online Market Data Portal provides free access to powerful business intelligence for businesses interested in growing, re-branding or locating their business in Lakeview. Explore and map demographic data such as education levels, consumer spending, and age brackets for our West Lakeview community, and generate custom demographic radius reports by address. Additionally, find insights on the performance of various industries in the neighborhood.
- Available Storefront Spaces: Looking for space in Lakeview for your business? We maintain a listing of available commercial properties in our area and can assist you with using our Market Data Portal to explore what areas are the best match for your business. We can also refer you to tenant representatives to assist you in your search.
- Business Referrals: Looking for a reputable vendor to help meet your business needs? Our network of member businesses understand that their reputation in our close-knit community depends on providing outstanding services and products. We're happy to connect you to another business for your needs. Looking for new business leads? Members enjoy the benefit of being included in our referral network when we receive referral inquiries.
- Business Consultations: We offer monthly one-on-one consultation sessions with the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Small Business Development Center (SBDC). SBDC advisors have real-world business management experience and are willing to help you with questions regarding topics such as business planning, business management, financial statement analysis, cash flow management, record-keeping, bank financing, exports and imports, developing personnel policies, marketing planning and product innovation.
- Legal Clinics: Lakeview Chamber Legal Ally Mason Cole is a partner at local downtown law firm Cole Sadkin, LLC. Mr. Cole enjoys helping Chamber businesses grow their companies and navigate complex legal scenarios. Watch the Chamber calendar for free legal clinics at the Chamber office where you can ask your questions regarding anything from labor & employment, intellectual property, vendor contracts, and everything in between.
- Discount Programs: Reach new customers by offering discounts through our Bike Friendly Business District and Belmont Theater District programs.
- Miscellaneous Problem Solving: Having an issue with a nuisance or unexpected construction on your block? We're here to help you navigate the issue.
- Commercial District Merchant Meetings: We organize regular meetings for our three commercial districts to help merchants organize events and cross-promotions with the neighboring businesses on their street.
- Member to Member Discounts: As a Chamber member, take advantage of member discounts from other Chamber members and Lakeview businesses.
- Special Service Area 27 Business Services: SSA 27 is a funding mechanism to raise money for services to a designated mixed-use area through a property tax levy in order to supplement City services, managed by the Lakeview Chamber. Additional programs may be available to businesses located with the SSA 27 district.
- Additional Members-Only Services: Members enjoy additional benefits outlined here.
The Law Project: The Law Project provides pro bono transactional legal services to small businesses and non-profits. Free Legal Advice for Your Business. For more information or to register for an upcoming clinic, contact email@example.com.
Local First Chicago: Enter your local business in the Local First Chicago directory.