Love Local, Love Lakeview
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) continues to impact Lakeview as it does communities across Chicago, the country and the world. This outbreak is requiring businesses to change their usual operations, find alternative ways to provide their services to the community and even temporarily close their businesses. It's important to support our neighborhood businesses and their employees in this challenging time, so we have put together some ideas on how you can help below. Let's Love Local, Love Lakeview to stand strong as a community. Use #LoveLakeview to share with us ways you are supporting local businesses.
When you support a local business, you can enter to win prizes through our Love Local Love Lakeview Giveaway program!
Public Health Guidance
Review the latest guidance from public health officials to keep you and your loved ones safe and prepared.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Lakeview Pantry: Volunteer or donate to this non-profit that is working hard to distribute food to those in need and provide mental health services in this uncertain and stressful time.
- Heritage Bicycles: Get a bike tune-up from Heritage and they will give away a bike tune-up to a hospitality worker.
- 4 Star Restaurant Group: Businesses or residents can partner with 4 Star Restaurant Group to sponsor 100-300 meals for healthcare workers.
- BabyDolls Boutique: When you order one of their face masks, they will donate a face mask to a hospital, senior living complex or child in need.
- Left Coast Food + Juice: Buy a cold pressed juice for local healthcare professionals and in return Left Coast Food + Juice will give you a free cold pressed juice with your order. Order with the Left Coast Food + Juice app, call-in or use one of their delivery services. Learn more here.
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Order meals from local restaurants to be delivered to healthcare workers through AIMMC. Details here. You can also donate to the Critical Care Relief Fund and Team Member Crisis Fund at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center to support their healthcare workers.
- Debi Lilly, A Perfect Event is selling hand sanitizer by the gallon in which the proceeds will provide meals for first responders from community restaurants and go towards American Heart Association's rapid research antiviral accelerator to fight COVID-19.
- Gino's East is offering a Feed Our Heroes program where you can place a donation when you make an order that will go towards providing meals for first responders.
Face Masks & Hand Sanitizer
Bitter Pops - made face masks you can sport to support this local business!
Debi Lilly, A Perfect Event is selling hand sanitizer by the gallon in which the proceeds will provide meals for first responders from community restaurants and go towards American Heart Association's rapid research antiviral accelerator to fight COVID-19.
The Denim Lounge - has masks for adults and kids, and some great styles for men! Call them at 773.935.2820 to order.
Goode Plumbing is offering discounts to Lakeview residents on the following plumbing/drain services: tankless water heater conversion, hydrojetting of drain lines, water filtration systems, upgrade to dual sump pump system, health and sanitation upgrades and maintenance services. Visit their website or call them at 773.930.3451.
Krista K Boutique is offering 20% off on their online shop with code ANNIVERSARY20.
M2 Boutique is offering a $25 bonus card for every $75 gift card you buy!
8 Ways to Support Local Businesses
1. Purchase a Gift Card. This will give businesses cash flow now and allow you to support your favorite businesses that you know you'll visit in the future. Think about buying gift cards as gifts for upcoming birthdays or just to brighten a friend's day.
2. Shop Online! Many local boutiques and shops have online stores, or see if your favorite businesses have merch you can buy, such as from restaurants, gyms, entertainment venues, etc.
3. Order Delivery or Curbside Pickup from Restaurants. Enjoy a nice meal from a local restaurants at home! You can still enjoy all your favorite eats, and even pick a new restaurant to support each day! See a list of local restaurants offering one or more of these ordering options below.
4. Tip Generously. Employees of local businesses are having their hours reduced and risking their own health to serve the community. Consider being a bit more generous while tipping to support the staff working at our neighborhood businesses.
5. Take Virtual Classes. Fitness studios, childhood educational services and more are offering virtual classes and training to help you stay active and entertained at home. Support these businesses that usually rely on in-person interactions by working with their instructors and specialists to take a class with them online.
6. Find Entertainment in Virtual Theaters. Take advantage of new virtual programming and streaming services being offered by the Belmont Theater District. You can try the Music Box Theatre's streaming service Music Box Direct FREE for 7 Days, watch Teenage Dick through Theater Wit's virtual programming, enjoy performances and classes with ComedySportz, or listen to Throwing Shade, a podcast from Eclectic Full Contact Theatre.
7. Comment, Like & Share! Show your love for local businesses and help them reach more viewers with their posts by liking and commenting on them. We also recommend sharing their posts on your socials to spread the word about local shops and restaurants you frequent and love!
8. Write a Review. Use some of the extra downtime you have to write a positive review for your favorite businesses on Yelp, Google, etc. This will not only help them reach more new customers, but also send them some love during this difficult time.
If you are a business who would like to be featured on this page or a resident who would like to know any additional information regarding local business offerings, please email our Events & Marketing Director, Carisa Marconet, at firstname.lastname@example.org.